Friday, July 13, 2007

Holy Crap! I'm Tired!

The last four nights have been a royal pain in my ass. First night, I tossed and turned only half slept due to super weird dreams. The night after that, I just stayed awake pretty much all night, staring at the ceiling. The night before last I actually got about 5 hours and was thrilled beyond comprehension. But last night, I tossed and turned again, finally giving up at about 5.

Now, I'm not under any stress...I have been getting exercise to make myself tired...I stop drinking caffeine after noon...I'm not eating anything weird for dinner to keep me up. I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm tired of it. Pun intended. I'm getting to the point where I'm really punchy and a little wobbly and am getting absent minded. Not good. I feel like I'm back in classes already and its finals week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you get desperate, I have drugs.

LEGAL drugs, geez you people...

Rio Vista Boy said...

sounds like underlying anxiety. Have you moved into your apartment yet? I was thinking that event is a couple weeks off still. Disassociation can be common in a new environment or maybe it's those darn motorcycles racing around in the back of your mind.
or a combination of moving, motorcycles, marriages, school and work to name a few... Or I heard of this little known but not necesarily rare nocternal parasites that drill into your head and feed on brainmatter at night leaving an enzyme behind that causes a limited amount of anxiety much like large doses of caffeine can. Of course this is all completey unsubstantiated and possibley sourced from some B-movie melodrama I watched when I was a kid, or simpley made up on the spot by my own warped decaying imagination, who knows any more.
So any ways good luck with that and sleep tight don't let the parasites bite.
Oh yah, just a thought, I had a similar problem when I was about your age, I tossed and turned and kept waking up, and it kept getting more and more difficult to go back to sleep. I finally learned that my cat Shadow had taken to curling up on my face at night nearly suffocating me before I would wake up. Of course Shadow was long gone by the time I opened my eyes. but a friend observed this one night and filled me in. The odd thing is the incidents stopped after my "friend" stopped coming around. Jealousy? Or a sick demented lover? I'm still not sure.