Monday, October 30, 2006

The Siren call of the "Real World"

This weekend turned out to be full of ups and downs. I managed to go out on Friday night and then spent the rest of the weekend holed up, playing warcraft. In a sad conclusion to my weekend, two of my favorite people from the game have decided to call it quits to spend more quality time in the real world. While I'm sad to see them go, underneath it all I'm jealous as all get out. They've got things more pressing than pixels to keep them busy.
If you couldn't tell, my effort to make friends is just barely creeping along. Granted, I did go out on Friday. But I'm not sure if I consider it significant. I didn't know anyone at besides my boss and had to have a couple drinks in order to talk to anyone. And now that its over, I'll most likely never see any of them ever again. It happens. I'm painfully hopeful that when I start classes in the spring that things will change. In the meantime, I'm spending time with myself, wondering why sarcastic redheads aren't more in demand. Maybe the market is flooded...

2 comments:

sue said...

You are beautiful and unique. There can never be enough of that in the world. Just hang on... the whole universe is going to open up to you one day. Promise.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Trust me, sarcastic redheads are at a premium and always have been. The world could use more sarcastic redheads like you!