Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Generation Gap

I was adjusting an elderly gentleman's glasses at work when he spied my nosering.

"What's your father say about that?"

I kind of chuckled because my dad has a habit of telling me I have a booger on my nose. I'm sure he hates the thing but I'm glad he can crack jokes about it.

"Oh, he's threatened me with pliers a couple times."

"Well good for him. At least that you can take out and it might heal. Those girls with tattoos...they are in for it. Someday they're going to have to explain to their children why they have those marks all over their body."

I was thisclose to telling him I had tattoos and he could take a flying leap. Then I decided I shouldn't give my clients heartattacks.

I hope his granddaughter gets a tattoo.

5 comments:

Sizzle said...

I hope she does too. One on her neck!

Anonymous said...

I love how old (cranky) men feel like they can say anything to anybody. It makes for some funny conversation.

A friend of mine (who's a hairdresser) cut her hair shorter, and one of her customers said "What does your husband think of it?" She told him that he liked it and he said, "No he doesn't. He's lying." whatever grandpa...

Unknown said...

I think the generation gap is the fact that he had the gall to say anything to you about it in the first place :) My grandpa has the same habit and it makes me nervous to ever see him b/c I know he's going to make some comment about my weight that I don't really need to hear.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Yah the nerve of those old people to actually have an opinion, much less share it with anyone! I just don't understand why the old doddering fools cling to life, share their thoughts and feelings. They don't have a clue!

Opinions, much like mistakes are reserved for the young.

Oops, never mind I just remembered, I'm a doddering old fool. I guess anybody can make a mistake.

Unknown said...

I dont' think it's an issue that people don't have the right to have an opinion, but it's about having the courtesy to not always express it, especially when not asked and the only purpose is to be insulting.