Thursday, August 24, 2006

What's new with you?

For those who may have visited my previous blog, I've decided that perhaps I should update you on what has been going on. For those who never knew me before...well, consider this your introduction.

While living in Kansas City, I was a manager at a big box retail pet store. I loved it quite dearly and upon moving back to Iowa, I decided to try it out here. The catch to trying it here was that it also involved an hour commute one-way and god awful hours (getting up at 3 am to make it to work by 5 was painful...). After giving it a couple of months, I decided that I had had enough of retail and should try going back to school.

Yeah, going back to school. I already have one degree in the high demand field of archaeology. Super cool, mind you, but it doesn't really pay the bills. Not a whole lot of people care to know what died in their back yard about 10,000 years ago. So I am going back for something more worthwhile. At this point, I'm not really sure what that is but I'm willing to start slow to give myself time to figure that out.

I'm also a recent divorcee. Not a bad thing, just different. He and I are still good friends and I suspect that life will be much better for both of us this way. Life is too short to be unhappy for too much of it.

So that is the nutshell version. Boiled down further, I'm just adjusting to moving back to my home town, going back to school, and starting life over from square 15 ( I mean, its not like I'm going back to kindergarten or anything).

4 comments:

ramblesnpictures said...

wouldn't square 1 be fun though...even if just for one day!!

em said...

I'm contemplating the art of fingerpainting, just to see:)

Rio Vista Boy said...

I found an old tin can in the backyard Em, any way uyou can carbon date it for me?

sue said...

I'm just glad "you" are back... :) {{hugs}}