Friday, September 15, 2006

What do you do when you're not plotting his death?

At my job, there used to be a girl I worked with previously for a short time. She was high energy, a little self absorbed, and constantly babbling about "my boyfriend". We all knew him, he is the infamous douchebag who thinks he's a hottie. Yet, regardless of the fact we knew his name, it was always "my boyfriend" this and "my boyfriend" that. Her life revolved around her "boyfriend" in an almost tragic way. While I was on a temporary hiatus from that job, things went sour between the two love birds and she ended up moving back home, out of state. Since then, she has taken it upon herself to wage war against her ex. She's sending pictures of her kissing other guys to his coworkers and anyone else who's email she has. She's posting slurs and slams all over her myspace. She's gathered a pack of cronies who sign off all thier emails and posts with "we hate Larry*".

This all seems to me...a little on the pathetic side.

Ok. A LOT on the pathetic side.

I just can't understand this mentality. What is it that makes you want to tear up someone to little bits who a couple months previous, you wanted to give your whole heart and soul to? And in such an immature and ridiculous way. And she has FOLLOWERS. I just don't get it. Are people really so bored in thier own lives that they have to join the misguided battle of someone else's dead relationship?

Perhaps this is why singlehood is the best thing for me right now. I am not ready to get into a relationship merely for the fact that my mind is not prepared for the psychotic outlash that it must endure following the dissolution. I'm sure it takes months of meditation and blackmail gathering in order to wage such a war of stupidity. I'll just stick with the boring day to day of being calm and rational, thank you.

*Name changed to protect the endangered.

2 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

Yeppers, that's why I choose to be a clammy little oyster and stay in my cozy little shell...

-The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head--
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.- Lewis Carroll

sue said...

You are just mature. It's the immature ones that go into that whole "death to the ex" thing. Trust me.