Saturday, August 18, 2007

Summer's last hurrah

Classes start again on Monday.

I'm kinda looking forward to getting back into schoolwork but one thing I'm not looking forward to is the workaholic mode I tend to get in. It usually means I drink way too much coffee, clench my teeth, and most likely lose 10 pounds regardless of how much I eat. I can't help it. There's something in me that just switches into perfectionist mode and I have a hard time controlling it. I know that it makes my work better but part of me wonders at what cost to my overall well being. So going into the semester, I'll take a deep breath, maybe find a yoga class, and make sure I spend some quality time having fun with my friends. I think I can drink to that...

2 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

It's going to pay off in the near future. And learning to cope with that irritating attention to detail is actually a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Give yourself some permission to HAVE FUN... you only live once, you know!