Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday scraps

- Put up Christmas decorations at work yesterday. It's a little early for my taste (working in big box retail ruined me for early holiday celebration) but I think I can manage. Might even try and scrounge something up for my apartment.

- After putting lights up in the metalwork of the ceiling, I've got what feels like the beginning of a headcold. I'm hoping its just the dust clearing out of my system.

- I didn't get much sleep last night and it feels like there's sand in my eyes. I work for an eyedoctor. We don't have a single bottle of eyedrops in the joint. The irony is not lost on me.

- We are out of coffee. Not good.

- My truck is making death noises. My little (not so little, actually) brother agreed to look at it this morning. I appreciate the hell outta that guy. Wish I wasn't such a jerk to him when we were kids.

- My dad just made a sappy face when he read that last one.

- Now he's laughing at me.

- Now I have to get back to processing Medicare claim forms. This is akin to having your brain removed through your ears or your hair ripped out strand at a time. Did I mention we're out of coffee? It's gonna be a grouchy one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just KNOW I had to laugh at this post, too...

Sizzle said...

uh oh. . . sounds like a bad start. but at least it is a short week, right?

i have the beginnings of a cold too but i am pretending i can't feel it. do you think that approach will work?

Rio Vista Boy said...

Better pray little brothers memory isn't as good as yours, or if it is then hope he is a forgiving brother...