Tuesday, November 13, 2007

TGIT

In my family, the term "Stress Management Meeting" has a vivid definition. It usually involves my dad, beer, lawn chairs, and a random batch of locals hanging out and bullshitting. This year, I've been blessed with my own version. Every Tuesday night, whoever can make it shows up at a local chicken wing place and we get a couple hours to drink beer, eat cheap food, catch up and relax. As the semester has progressed, I've realized I really look forward to it. I never pegged myself for being one to have a weekly hangout but it's fantastic, I recommend it strongly.
How's about y'all? Any superfun friend get-togethers?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cats and I sit around and swill milk... no appointment necessary.

em said...

swill? charming. I take it the lactose intolerant aren't welcome.

Sizzle said...

i need a weekly hang out. this sounds good!

Rio Vista Boy said...

Oh no! my clever milk swilling kitty comment is gone forever!
Curse you Blogger
Curse me for not saving it!
Perhaps I now need my own stress management meeting.

Shafa said...

Me and the folks from the paper get together and have dinner every so often, like on tonight.

Also, you're a bad, bad woman.

Rio Vista Boy said...

I am hosting a birthday party at my open mike night Friday for an 83 year old woman, there will be cake and ice cream and prune juice, does that count?

Rio Vista Boy said...

Correction; I learned last night that Rose is 95 today and can't wait to sing and party tonight.