Thursday, December 06, 2007

Split post: "All I want for Christmas" and "Tis the season"

All I want for Christmas - The Millionaire's version

After dealing with techincal restrictions on projects the last couple days, I'm wanting to rent a GeekSquader for a week. Actually, I'll rent Chuck even though I know he only plays a NerdHerder on tv. He's dreamy. Anyhoo, my Craptop couldn't handle my image files for my latest project (Open file = Freeze screen of death) and nothing the on-campus tech help people did made it work. They were completely baffled. They loaded just fine on the lab computers, my instructors computer, my friends computer. Of course, they're all macs. Damnation. As a PC user in a department full of Macsters, I'm hoping that isn't the problem. If I have to use the lab for the rest of my college career, I may be a bit disheartened. I may have to appease my uber-computer lust with a scanner. At least I could stop driving all over town to use one of those...

Tis the Season - The Pessimist's version

WTH is up with this time of year? I know that people are probably just more sensitized to it, we expect that life should be nothing but sunshine since its the holidays, but why is there so much going wrong lately? People I know have loved ones who are dying, people are finding out about terminal illnesses, there are accidents galore, and now a mall shooting?! It's more than a little depressing. Perhaps I'm just at the age where I hear more about things like this but I can't stand it. I want two weeks of nothing but peace on earth, good will towards men, and nothing of greater pain than a papercut happens to anyone I know or remotely know. Enough with the bah humbug.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of saying it, I think you are growing up. You are noticing it more. It has always been this way... just seems to come in waves, for some reason. There will be good times, then several bad things will seem to come at once (back in the day the favorite saying was that bad things came in threes...). It has hit a little close to home for you this year so it has gotten your attention more strongly than usual.

As the other favorite saying goes, "This too shall pass..."
The cycle of life goes on and it will get better. Honest.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Now you see there is a reason we need a time to call for peace on earth.