Thursday, December 27, 2007

EEK!!!

Last week I popped into my apartment manager's office to ask about subleasing. They didn't seem like it was realistic so I asked that they just put my apartment out there and see what happens. After all the problems with noise on my floor and then the astronomical electric bill I got the other day, I was willing to see what would happen.

Today, I got the call. Someone just happened to want a one bedroom in my building. All is superduper except they want to move in on the first. Of January. As in, like, next Tuesday.

I've spent the last two hours running around like a crazy person. I tracked down my new roommate and told her, arranged a moving company, rescheduled my work hours, signed papers, and cancelled my electric. To say I'm freaking out would be an understatement. Most of me is glad its happening...I'll be able to save a huge amount of money splitting rent and bills as well as I'll be able to have my dog come live with me. I'm also a little bummed though. I like having my own space and I really love my apartment, just not my neighbors. I'm sure things will be fine, everything is just hitting me all at once.

Don't even get me started on all the packing I need to get done. And I thought I was having a hard time sleeping before all this came up...

5 comments:

Sizzle said...

that's exciting if not daunting. good luck with the packing and the move!

Rio Vista Boy said...

Just remember, you are not running away. You are running forward into new life experience and challenges to improve your quality of life. Best of luck to your New Year!

K. said...

oh yay, thats really exciting!
best of luck though! (:
moving can be stressful.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's best to get it all over with quickly, instead of fretting about it for weeks. Glad it wound up working out for you with the new tenant and finding your movers!