Sunday, August 10, 2008

Did anyone get the number of that truck?

I hurt. My shoulders ache from carrying tubes, my back is jacked from sleeping on an airbed, and well...my ass is all scraped up from falling over while tending to nature (no, there aren't pictures). The one thing not on that list, no sunburn! Even in a, uh, semi-altered state, I was still able to keep putting sunscreen on every 15 minutes. I went through 2 bottles, Dad! Aren't you happy.

I'll spare the gritty details (well, any more seeing as you already know what happened to my ass) but it rocked. We met some interesting people and there are quotes that will make sense to no one outside the group. It was one of those awesome kinds of trips. I'm hoping to get some pictures from the waterproof camera that made it on the river but I'm pretty not-awesome about posting pics in a timely fashion. Yeah yeah, I fail at life. But I ROCK at putting on sunscreen.

Thanks TJ for the tip but paddles? PADDLES? They didn't say anything about paddles. We just floated unaided, with only our wits and empty beer cans to save us. Thank god we had empty beer cans.

4 comments:

T.J. said...

Well, I hope you at least had a hand in the emptying....

Maybe we brought our own paddles, I'm not sure. I was pretty periphiral on that trip as I remember.

Sounds like you had a blast, tho.

T.

sue said...

Good job, all!!!

Rio Vista Boy said...

I'm glad you don't have pictures of nature tending. I once took a photo of gf hanging over the side of our boat on Lake Mead.

Surprised to hear we didn't last long as a couple?

I learned a valuable lesson that day.

Glad you had a good adventure.

Unknown said...

I went tubing a few times in Texas and I was burned like a lobster once (there was no current so the trip took longer than expected) and then I got a UTI after the second one. And I also permanently messed up my knee by falling out of my tube in small rapids and hitting rocks. Needless to say, I don't know if I'll do it again :0