Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fresh pencils

Yesterday I started back up again with classes. I've been dragging my feet but when it comes right down to it, I love the first few days of classes. I love gathering all the things I'll need for the year. I love walking to class wondering about my instructors. I love seeing people I haven't seen all summer, the familiarity of buildings, the smells of the studios and photography labs. I love meeting new people, seeing the freshman with total confusion on their faces, seeing the shy ones come out of their shell once they realize that high school is over. I'm sure in a couple weeks all the fairy dust will wear off but for now, I'm really glad to be back at class.

2 comments:

sue said...

I always loved school...

Rio Vista Boy said...

Aww, now I miss campus...