Thursday, August 07, 2008

Lots of scribbling

Busy busy busy. After classes got out, I made it my sole purpose in life to squeeze as much as I could out of the rest of my summer. None of that sitting at home, watching Bravo in my pjs, eating cereal straight out of the box bullshit. I made exceptions for going to my sister-in-laws to sit, watch bravo, and eat sushi. Totally different. Sushi = class and therefore not bullshit.

A little thing I'd like to call Redneck Saturdays (and I mean that completely lovingly, for those who also attend this event). It involves Busch light and/or THE SILVER BULLET. It involves stock cars. It involves delicious junk food, loud noises, and potentially making an ass out of myself. Oh yeah, its going to the stock car races to watch my brother compete. As a side bonus, its a chance to watch my grandmother (NOT a stock car racing kinda gal) wander around and be a general pain in the ass. Talks during the race about nothing relevant...follows my dad EVERYWHERE...scowls when you don't want to leave in time for Jeopardy (or whatever old people do at 10pm). One day, I'll look back on these days and call them "The Early Years Before She Went Entirely Batshit Crazy".

For something entirely different, theres Project Runway Night! (commence tuning out for the next paragraph, males) We lizzadies gather, eat, and talk in the third person in honor of Suede. Em thinks Suede is hilarious. Em also hopes they keep him on because he is more bizarre than that little tanorexic twit. Em hasn't been agreeing with the judges most of this season but Em isn't getting paid for her opinion. She's usually right about Shear Genius though. (Why does Charlie always have his mouth hanging open?)

The last two days I've been twiddling my thumbs at work. The Bossman is outta town so I have to run the show. The very slow show. I've spent most of my time surfing the net, I won't even pretend that I'm not. Good news? Blog fodder. Bad news? My eyes are burning out of my head. I'm definitely going to have to wear glasses more when I go back to class because damn, I can't take staring at monitors like I used to. But Hello? This site? And this one? Maybe not this one so much.

Speaking of class. In my infinite genius, I have been convinced all summer that it starts on the 18th. I was counting down the remaining days of summer with sadness. Until. Until someone pointed out that they start the 25th. Mixed emotions on that one. Annoyed because I hate hate HATE being wrong. Overjoyed because uh, FREEDOM. For another week, anyways. I have yet to tell bossman about the snafu. Might just relish that there 20 hour week with nothing else to do.

Okay damn. I seriously need to go get some eyedrops.

3 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

It sounds as if you wisely applied youself to summer; action, adventure, conflict... I don't understand anything about your reference to Suede, all I can hope is it won't involve animal right activists picketing your site.

I remember when the sisal string was a mere 1 ton bouncing baby ball.

sue said...

I've just started watching this season's PR. I've only gotten through the second episode and already think Suede is a kook. I'm hoping a more creative one than I've seen so far... :) Maybe I'm getting too old fashioned?

Unknown said...

We're watching Project Runway for the first time, but I'm behind in my episodes. Though I have kept up with Shear Genius and can't beleive Nakisa lasted so long. I think my own hairdresser is honestly better than any of them (not that I allow her to do anything that fun with me :)