Thursday, April 19, 2007

a life of balance

Since determining that life is worth living, even life during the final weeks of a semester, I've been trying to keep things in perspective by doing little things to retain my sanity. It's managed to bring my stress level down quite a bit, even if I'm not being my most productive self. Examples of the little things that keep me happy...

Pizza: Simple, elegant, it can do no wrong
Skipping that lecture where the dude rehashes everything and I'm getting 115% in the class so far
At least an hour of worthless, mindnumbing television a night
Listening to all of the Finals Week compilation Cds I've made in the past. I had no idea I had such a weird habit of making them when I was in college last time.
Driving aimlessly listening to said cds
Drinking. A lot.

Okay, maybe not that last one, although I've noticed it seems to be a favorite among the younger crowd. I can only imagine the heinous bitch I would be were I stressed AND hungover. Best I spare the world.
I could come up with more but the timer just rang on the pizza...

1 comment:

sue said...

Well, I'm glad you passed on the last one... especially with the driving and the listening to the CD's...

Now if I could just find something to de-stress your father... *sigh*