Sunday, April 15, 2007

Remembering where I come from

Lately, I haven't been quite myself. I've been stressed and angry and very focused on minutae. Tonight, while managing some posts, I decided to go back and read the ones from my previous blog, NotDorothy. These were from when I was married and living in Kansas City. I have them stashed away should I ever feel the need to do what I did tonight. Reading through them was so good for me. It was good to see that I have a sense of humor that isn't cutting and cynical all the time. It was good to see that I found humor in the day to day things that happened at work and at home. It was really good to see that I am still the same person, even though I live somewhere different, doing something different, with different people. I'm proud to know that I'm making progress in having a real life. I'm proud that I still talk to the man I was married to and we still laugh on a weekly basis. For all the change that has happened since that blog, it's so good to know that much of me has stayed the same. I really miss the people in Kansas City. I miss the ones I considered family. I miss having an apartment. I miss having days off. I know that someday, I'll regain some of these things. So maybe NotDorothy and Mellow aren't as different as I thought they were. Maybe they're chapters of the same book, after all.

3 comments:

sue said...

Only you had those doubts... the rest of us know this. At the core? You're still the same wonderful woman you've always been. Just a little stressed at the moment, and still in transition. Some day ("at some point?") it will all just be... Mellow... without the Chaos. Honest.

Oh, and I respect you so much for the way you and the ex have handled yourselves. Only wish he wasn't scared of the ex-in-laws. We still love him, too.

Miss Bliss said...

Wow...sounds like grace while in transition. That ain't easy and it should be acknowledged...good work.

Sizzle said...

it seems like you've got a really good handle on life given all the changes you've been through. i keep my old handwritten journals and they tend to give me perspective.