Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tuesday? Thursday!

I think it's Tuesday. Forgive me. Holidays mess me up.

Thanks to all who wished me well with the move! I'm all in and am still in the phase where I'm digging through boxes. I'm getting a little annoyed tripping over cords and running into things but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Roomie and I are still getting used to each other too. Neither one of us is used to living with people but we've known each other awhile and understand that we just need space for a couple days. I think things will be pretty good.

New Years was pretty quiet. Ma and I spent the afternoon and night watching season 3 of Lost on DVD. We did the same marathon type thing for the first two seasons since we've avoided watching it as it happens during the regular season. We still have a disk to go and as I was standing in line at the cable company, the guys behind me started talking about the episode after the one we left off at. I looked over at them with a panicked look and the guy musta realized he was spoiling so he luckily laughed and told his friend he would finish later. What a considerate guy. Shoulda asked for his phone number.

Today is caucus day, for those living under a rock. Living in Iowa, I'm experiencing a whole new level of hell. For those in favor of Barack Obama, please tell him to stop calling me. And emailing me. And sending me cards. I had half a thought to vote for the guy until he started bombarding me. Today alone I received 7 emails and 5 phone calls. Seriously. Leave me alone. Thankfully, it should be quieter tomorrow.

Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. Hope you all are having a good year so far. I'm always wondering about you in other parts of the country. I'm not sure if it's weird or not, I'm always wondering about people in general. Now I just have blogs/faces to put on the wondering:)

Happy Tuesday/Thursday!

5 comments:

Sizzle said...

glad things are progressing. i LOVE lost! i can't wait for the next season!

sue said...

It is Friday. ;)

em said...

No wai!

Anonymous said...

LOST is awesome -- Have you noticed the Oceanic billboard on South Duff? Evidently the airline has a hub right here in Ames!

http://www.flyoceanicair.com/

click on the press release

Rio Vista Boy said...

I am happy your move was a successful transition. I have been playing with the mass power outages around here. Grocery stores (all) were closed for two days during all this mess. One gas station and one fast food joint was open the first day, ran out of product yesterday. I watched my neighbors roof pulled off by the winds urged to peer out of my bedroom window for no apparent reason from a fitful sleep. Never in my entire life do I recall such devastating measures, standing in line at the only available gas station for generator fuel, thankful to be able to do that, telling the lady at the drive thru after waiting 45 minutes to get to her "whatever you got is fine, I'll take two."
But all is not lost, I bought 10 cases of pop just before all this started so life is comfortable here in my house. If I weren't such a miser, I could be out selling it from the back of my truck one can at a time.