Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bliss

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM I am handing in my project and bidding adieu to my classes for a jolly week. Granted, I'm working full time over the break but sometimes its good to just work and not have to worry about grades and deadlines. In honor of having a week off from coherent thought, I give you...bullets!

- I just spent the last hour talking with an older guy about all sorts of things. Because he found out who my dad and brother are. I don't know if this happens outside of smaller communities but if people find out who you're related to, you have something in common and can talk forever. I'm not complaining. He was a nice guy and I like hearing stories about my dad and brother. Muahahaha.

- My aforementioned project is on a designer from the turn of the century. Outwardly, he was very devout religiously and strict regarding his design. Inwardly, he was a freak. FREAK. I had to design a book about him. It's really hard to write about someone in glowing terms when you know he's a pedophile and he knows his pets (in the biblical sense). It's me we're talking about though, so those things got a page, against my instructors wishes. I'm just glad I'm done with it so I can quit having to do research. Ick.

- A friend of mine mentioned training for a race. It sounded like a good idea at the time but then I looked it up and its a 20K. As in Kilometers. As in, I don't have an inhaler that will last that long. It's at the end of May. If I think positive, I might be able to do it. Did I mention, I'm not a runner?!

- Today it was 56 degrees out (suck it, Dariush! HA!). I drove around town with the windows down and even took my coat off. As is typical in Iowa, I saw people wearing shorts and tshirts. I don't even wear shorts in the summer but whatev.

- This weekend, I have nothing to do (with the exception of weeks upon weeks of laundry but that isn't considered work really). I'm too excited to do nothing, you have no idea. NOTHING. ahhhhhhh...

No comments: