Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Paranoia

I'm trying not to jinx myself. I haven't been sick for awhile. By 'awhile' I mean since the first week of classes. Like, in January. That's a long time for me. Recently, everyone I know has been coming down with some form of ick. Family, friends, professors, everyone. My university sent out a mass email warning about the mad spread of flu as well as the appearance of walking pneumonia. I sit in my lecture of 400 people and it is a nonstop cacaphony of coughing and noseblowing. It gets to the point where I can smell the sick. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. It's disgusting.
At any rate, I have yet to come down with anything. I've been taking my vitamins, trying to get enough sleep (trying being the operative word), and attempting to consume plenty of fluids (is beer a fluid?). So far, I've managed to stay healthy. It's a record, as far as I'm concerned. Although, in the back of my mind I keep thinking that its definitely going to hit in two weeks...during spring break. Maybe my Irish luck will keep it away long enough to relish St.Patty's.

3 comments:

Sizzle said...

I'd count beer as a liquid, for sure. I've had a nagging cough but am hoping I don't get that full-blown yuckiness everyone seems to be suffering from. Keep getting your zzz's.

Anonymous said...

When you go to those over-packed, germ-filled classes? Don't touch anything or anyone... oh, yeah...and don't breathe.

That is all.

I've decided mine was something I ate. Nothing more sinister.

Rio Vista Boy said...

I was sick free the entire month of February, that is a personal best!
I am beginning to wonder if this recent outbreak is one of God's little pay backs to the insufferable healthy denizens out there. It seems to be going after the inocculated and stubbornly healthy individuals in my neck of the woods.