Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dear Client Who Tries to Get Everything Free

You have more money than you know what to do with. You are constantly ordering things that are more expensive than most and still want us to give you huge discounts, if not just give them to you for free. When you had an outstanding balance from last year, we were more than accomodating. You tried to ignore our letters and phone calls. You came in to place another order a month ago and it seemed like all was going to be right in the world. You paid for everything, albeit with a little bit of a scowl, but we were back on decent terms.

Were.

I got a notice in the mail saying you stopped payment on the credit card. Because the product was 'not as described or defective merchandise'. Now, if that were true, I would think I would have seen or heard from you since you were last in a month ago. Picking up your FOUR pairs of glasses. It makes me angry when I go out of my way to be understanding and then people like you just walk all over it. You have the money. You have a mercedes and a beach house on the east coast. As far as I'm concerned, it was worth four pairs of glasses to never have to work with a person like you again. Knowing you, we'll never hear from you again and that's fine with me. It's a good thing you stocked up on glasses before you decided to be a jerk.

Hugs and Kisses,
A Disgruntled Office Manager

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

Ugh! How annoying! It's the rich ones that piss me off the most. What's with the greed when you are already sitting pretty?

sue said...

She'll eventually get hers... one way or another. Even if it is just burning her bridges with every store in town!