Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Adventures in multiple personalities

Rather than go off on a long pissy rant about a particular highlight of my day, I thought I’d try to look at the brighter side of life.

“Nonsense!” you say…

True, I’m typically more comfortable being a cynical, sarcastic wench but I figured whatthehell…its almost spring. I really should cheer up a bit. So here are some bits from the last couple days offered in two-part harmony.

GrumpyEm: Alarm went off at 6:30 am. Considering I got to sleep at around 1:30, it was a tad too early.

CheeryEm: Fell asleep the night before laughing about the little old man with a fauxhawk I saw on TalkSoup. Way to rock it out, old Sid Vicious. It was still making me giggle at 6:30 am.

GrumpyEm: In class, uppity British professor from other section talked…and talked…and talked about our projects in the mass Review. I nearly fell asleep. Along with the other two instructors, sucked away my will to live through the repetition of the same material (i.e. beating the proverbial dead horse).

CheeryEm: I got to hear the aforementioned British professor say “Drawr-ring” (translation: Drawing) over…and over…and over.

GrumpyEm: Went to the blood drive yesterday. After answering the same 3 questions over and over (have you ever been paid for sex since 1977? Have you been in the UK for a period adding up to 5 months? Do you have the West Nile Virus?...Oh my god, what if I was paid for 5 months of sex in the UK with vials of the West Nile Virus?!) I had the pleasure of getting the “Funny” technician. Upon hearing I was a first time donor, he proceeded to tell me how that turned him on…and how he liked my hair…and I smelled nice. Okay, maybe not the smell-nice-part but you get the idea.

CheeryEm: Sucked it up and gave blood. Hadn’t given it much thought before until someone in particular put a face on the purpose. It makes a lot more sense now. I’m definitely doing it again.

GrumpyEm: One of my professors had decided that we would only be meeting one day a week (vs. two days) starting this week. Yesterday, he decided that he was gonna wait one more week and we had to come to class on Thursday. It took every fiber of my being not to run to the front of the lecture hall and flick him in the forehead. That’s an hour of my life I was looking forward to getting back, you ass.

CheeryEm: Really. You expect a good thing out of this? This is the guy that repeats everything we learn in studio only a week late. There is no good side of this one. He’s still alive. Maybe you can consider that the good side.

GrumpyEm: I’m going nowhere in particular for Spring Break.

CheeryEm: I’m back in school so A) I get a Spring Break again…B) by going nowhere, that also means CLASS…and C) I may get to actually do something FUN for Saint Patricks Day.

See? I can do Ray-Of-Sunshine just as easily as Sarcastic-Bitch!

2 comments:

Andy Land said...

Both Ems are hotties so I'm happy to read either of their rants and raves.

Glad to see you back in the blogging world. I'll get a link back to your blog this weekend.

-A-

sue said...

Is this where I go stalk Andy down and whap him upside the head and remind him you're my DAUGHTER? :)

Yes, I love both Em's too...