Thursday, May 10, 2007

Meme: the Seven Random Facts one

Ma got me...so here we go...

1) I sing. A lot. I used to sing in a band and in high school choir. Since then, I sing only in the shower, around the house when no ones there, in my car, and the rare karaoke occasion. I really want to start singing in public again. I'm hesistant to take lessons because I don't want to sing church music, I want to sing jazz and the like.

2) Regardless of any hardass image I project, I'm a total romantic at heart. I think it is possible for some people to find that perfect person they've been waiting their whole life for...but I also think its possible that there are those that never do. There's something romantic about waiting your whole life for a perfection you never find, even if it is kind of tragic. In my short little life, I think I've fallen in love a few times but it was only because I saw the possibility of who those men could be for their someone, even if it wasn't me. For as much pain as they've caused me, I'm acutely aware of how wonderful any man can be towards the woman they truly love.

3) I used to be really religious, pursuing a knowledge of it with a scientific mind. Since that period of my life, I've kind of stopped wondering. I don't know if there's a supreme being. I don't know that I feel a divine presence guiding my life. I'm not sure I'm overly concerned with it. I'll work with what I've got and I suppose one day I'll find out one way or another.

4) My favorite color is a deep, dark red. Almost the color of blood but a little darker and a little less orange. My other favorite color is black. They're comforting to me. Anything in those colors is beautiful to me. Metallic paint on a car, flowers, fabrics, insects, anything. I'm drawn to objects that are that color of red.

5) I spend an inordinate amount of time in my own head. I can remember being young and instead of playing with my siblings, I'd go out and lie down on the grass and just spend time thinking. I still do that sort of thing from time to time. It makes it hard to sleep. It also gives me little frown lines permanently etched in my forehead from concentrating. I also noticed that I sometimes talk and act differently from people my own age. Sometimes from people in general. Maybe its not so much that I spend time in my head as much as I'm just a little weird.

6) I'm a chameleon. I think I get it from my dad. I can get all dressed up and rub elbows with business types or I can put on a bandana and a tshirt and hang out at the tattoo shop. I like talking to all sorts of people. Being a chameleon lets you hear stories that maybe you wouldn't have otherwise heard. The downside is sometimes its hard to know who you really are underneath all the color-shifting.

7) I've managed to have a pretty amazing life. I've lived through some things which might have ruined some people. I'm still standing and I think I'm a stronger person because of all that's happened. Sometimes I think that it's all going to hit me someday and I'll crumble in a broken heap. Part of me thinks I should be a complete mess because of all that's happened. But then I wonder what the point would be. All those things didn't kill me. Sure, they were horrible at the time but they have no control over me now. Bad things happen to everyone. It's just a matter of what you do with the aftermath. Learn from them what you can and if there's nothing to learn, throw it away and move forward. I'll enjoy my life while I can.

3 comments:

Sizzle said...

this is so true: "I'm acutely aware of how wonderful any man can be towards the woman they truly love."

you've got a great attitude and perspective. ;)

and that chameleon thing? awesome!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say... I BIRTHED this person! You are such a unique, lovely woman and I am so very proud of you. I know someday you will get all the happiness you deserve in all the ways, shapes and forms you desire it in. Love ya, honey.

Anonymous said...

Life is perspective, as long as you hang onto yours, you will live long and well. As far as singing in public; I recommend looking SingingCoach up on the internet, it is a great little personal vocal coach for learning and limbering up them vocal chords. Nothing expresses life like singing! -Modo
(still posting anonymous 'cause I can't seem to get my password right, darn it. It is official I am the idiot-sevant, like a nobel winning physicist who can't remember how to tie his own shoes.)