Thursday, June 21, 2007

Busy as hell and loving every minute

Hello! Long time no see!

I know, I know...I've been a little MIA lately. I started a new job a week ago and since then have been a flurry of activity. Add to that my brother is getting married in a couple weeks and there is just no stopping. Let's discuss what you've missed out by my neglect...

At work, we threw our town's first Botox party! No, I didn't get anything done. Haven't you heard? I'm perfect...(yeah right). At any rate, it was a huge success and I had a blast. I love throwing parties, even if they're not really for me. Wine, little tiny finger sandwiches, good music, schmoozing...it's fantastic. AND I got paid for being there! Can't wait for the next one.

Along the lines with my new job, I absolutely LOVE being back. I previously worked for a corporately owned optical company and now I'm back working at an independent boutique. Already, my boss has given me my own design lines to head up and I'm already re-establishing my clientele. It's so good being back. Granted, I do miss the craziness of my old coworkers but I've been able to keep in touch with them and there's no hard feelings. I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out.

Last weekend I was able to hang out with my new sister-in-law-to-be. Beforehand, I've had this impression that she is very sweet, very proper, and very opposite of me. I was wrong. Without going into details, she's a riot to hang out with and I love her to teeny little bits. My brother picked a good one.

I'm still obsessed with motorcycles. Seeing as my new boss is a rockstar, I might be able to get one next month. I'll keep you posted.

My birthday is coming up! It falls in the midst of my brother's wedding extravaganza so I'm not expecting much but I'm hoping I'll be able to scrounge some girls together to do something. It seems like the last few years, my birthday hooplas have always fizzled out due to last minute conflicts and stuff. I could stand for some hoopla. I've always kinda wanted a big blowout with friends but it just doesn't happen. Oh well, if you can't be selfish on your birthday, when can you?

I move out soon! If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to decorate 12 foot tall walls with a low budget, I'm open to ideas. There's a lot of empty space I'm going to need to fill...along with any other low budget decorating ideas for a supercute loft apartment. Did I mention I can't wait?

Other than that, I've just been filling my spare few minutes with checking my email and drinking heavily. Without the email part. Oh just kidding, any family members that may be reading this. I stick strictly to heroin:) ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...I might be able to get one next month..." Dare I ask how far in debt you really intend on going? Yes, boss is a rock star, but not THAT big of a rock star...Yikes. Okay, that was a mom question, sorry.

The bride: I'm not really surprised. I mean, knowing your brother she has to have a sassy streak somewhere! We ALL love her to pieces.

Your BD: Just clean up when you're done and try and make sure they throw up IN the toilet, 'kay?

The Apt: Geez. You would think you didn't even KNOW any art students, let alone ARE one. Be creative! Display your wares! Make your own art gallery out of your apartment. C'mon, get with it!

The heroine: Not even funny.

Rio Vista Boy said...

I doubt this is helpful other than to express that with your artistic talents, itshouldn't be too difficult to come up with something original.
My 1st apartment was in San Diego as I was still in the Navy at the time. Living on a sailors budget didn't leave much after rent, and I didn't bring alot of possesions from home. Macrame was very popular back then so I found my self nail small brass brads into the wall and running geometric designs in assorted colored yarn complemented with macrame knots, seashells, wooden and metal hollow beads I had picked up here and there.
Those who loved the finished product said it was a work of art that belonged in a museum, those that didn't wanted to know if I expected to get my cleaning deposit back.
The next apartment I was in had a long narrow dark hallway that opened into the living room so I took odd shaped blocks of wood and (yep, there went the cleaning deposit) nailed them all over the hall walls, then painted them and the walls a dusky blue grey giving it a grotto feel. That opened into a small square living room I painted tangerine and made a landscape silhuette along the bottom in black and painted a shadow tree in the far right corner with a branch that extended across the ceiling where I hung a wicker basket chair I picked up at the swap meet. I completed the room with a couch(made from Budweiser cans superglued together)in front of two big windows with black and white checkered curtains made from an old set of sheets and assorted orange and black throw pillows on the couch and a big wooden cable spool for a coffee table in the middle of the room, a couple bean bags chairs, and some favorite posters filled the space.
Not exactly contemporary fashions, but original and utilizing inexpensive materials of the time.

Sizzle said...

ooh i'd love to have all that wall space. fun! i'm sure you'll come up with something wickedly cool. post pictures!

sounds like life is good- that's great!