Friday, June 01, 2007

Vroom Vroom

So I'm taking a motorcycle class. For two days, I've sat in the classroom and talked about safety equipment, different types of bikes, and the basics of riding. I'm the youngest in a class of 9 women. It's a BLAST. I would love to get a bike in the near future but I wanted to take this class to be sure I was well-informed. I come from a family of motorheads where it seems the general method of learning is to get on the damn thing and give it a go. I'm more of the practical type.

Tomorrow we get out of the classroom and get to hit the course. After years of being stuck on the back, I finally get to put my own feet on the pegs and go for a spin. I'm excited beyond all comprehension. I'll let you know how it goes...

7 comments:

Shafa said...

Women on motorcycles = awesome. One of my friends from college is a writer for BMW motorcycle magazine, and she loves it too.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Momma must be thrilled. My only advice from this old Harley rider is just be careful out on the road. Bikes are meaner and the asphalt is crueler than when I was a youngster and there are so many more idiots on the highways now. So keep your head up and eyes open and enjoy the free bug buffet only available to the driver.

Anonymous said...

I'm this reheads Dad, and I'm a little concerned about this motorcycle thing. But I raised her to do what she wants and not what other people think so I guess this what I get.:) If she was a moron(she isn't) I would be way more nervous.

Rio Vista Boy said...

From what I have heard the family tell of Anonymous he is speaking true to nature; the ultimate super Dad. Concerned, caring. supportive and proud.

Sizzle said...

i've always wanted to learn to ride. how fun!

Anonymous said...

Now I have another thing to worry about.

Actually, I'm pleased that you are going about this the educated, logical way and NOT just jumping on and going. Also,from personal experience, I would feel safer with my hands at the controls rather than turning my life over to someone else (as in, being on the back). I think short of the money issue (which we've discussed) my main concern isn't that YOU will be a smart rider, but rather that motorcycles are harder to see and more accidents are caused by the motor vehicles other than the bikes out on the road who don't see you coming.

Beyond all of that... it is typically YOU... you are not out of the "normal" mold. Just the way it should be.

Rio Vista Boy said...

We haven't heard from you. If something bad hapened out on the course I guess we might hear from Ma or Anonymous Dad. So I suppose you just stayed on course and kept going, leaving us behind in a serious cloud of anticlimatic dust. I trust it was as exciting as you hoped.