Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My father's daughter

Who rocked the crap out of her motorcycle class?

That's right, me.

My instructors said I was a natural and was the best in my class. I got to take the course final first and rocked it out like it was my birthday. I LOVED it. I always liked riding on the back before but to actually be in control was AWESOME. Leaning into turns, weaving in and out of cones, riding through hoops of flame...it was a blast. Okay, I lied about the hoops thing but in my dreams, I'm AMAZING at the hoops. AMAZING.

Consider the motorcycle bug officially caught. I want one so bad I can taste it. It's all I think about. I want to know all there is about them. I want to be able to overhaul the motor, make a custom set of handlebars, and design paintsets. I'm obsessed. It's also more than a little exciting because after years of being around my motorhead dad and brother, I finally understand. There's something really amazing about machines. It's a science and an adrenaline rush all at the same time. I can't put into words how geeked out about this I am right now.

Two things have become amazingly clear:
1) I don't really want to be put on the back again
2) I need to save up some money

Wheeeeeee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! When I first read the hoops part, I was like 'whoa! that's intense for a beginner class', thankfully you cleared it up. ;) Glad that you are having fun and that you are a natural. What a compliment!

Sizzle said...

definitely sounds like you've been bit. what fun!

Rio Vista Boy said...

You make an old biker dude yearn for the open roads again. There isn't much I regret about motorcycles.
Some experience drawn advice for you:
Don't take your motorcycle to a ski weekend, getting up icy switchback roads is definitely easier than coming down.
Don't flip off the pick up driver who cut you off if he has rifles mounted in the back window.
Always keep fresh rubber on your wheels.
Keep your cell phone in a shock proof case.
And whatever you don't don't wear contacts!

Anonymous said...

I'm personally not a big fan of motorcycles but cars and trucks are AWESOME!! yeah..it's in the genes.

Manda