Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Those abstract things called "goals"

Okay okay, I've decided to grow up a tad. As most of you know, I've been drooling over getting a motorcycle for at least a month now. I've done some thinking and decided that I'm going to put it in my 5 year plan. I'm getting a new place in a month and things like a vacuum or uh, dinner plates sound like a more reasonable use for my money at this point. Now, before my mother starts giving me the "I told you so" look ala psychic connection, I would like to point out that it was not her doing. It was, in fact, the doing of my sister-in-law-to-be's couch. After spending the weekend at her place, I decided that I would have more fun meeting people and going to visit her and my brother and doing similar social activities than I would riding about by myself on a bike. At least for now. The day I can afford to do both will be a fun one. But until then, I'll vacuum my apartment and have a bottle of wine with friends and keep a picture of a tricked out bike on my fridge, just in case I get too grown up...

3 comments:

Sizzle said...

how wise. i had to learn the hard way about such sound financial planning. :)

Rio Vista Boy said...

Well, you are not a hard core biker. that is very likely a good thing. If you look at the biker profile it is split into two catagories; true bikers and Yuppie weekenders. True bikers tend to live from hand to mouth, devoting every spare moment to their godly bikes. Yuppies have already succeeded in obtaining financial security and merely implement motorcycles as a recreational device purely for pleasure. If I had a chance to do it all over I believe I would select Yuppie weekender.

Anonymous said...

I didn't say a thing...