Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Because they're chalky and I don't have to like them

Tomorrow is the day. Yeah yeah, lovey dovey day of wasting money. Consider me the scrooge of V-day. I just don't get it. You future guys who want anything to do with me, just skip this day. It doesn't count. Get me flowers on some random tuesday and we'll call it good. And maybe some chocolate ice cream sometime, that would be good, too. But I digress. Tomorrow, I will pass on all the hoopla. I'll stay in, make myself dinner and have a lovely quiet night alone. Friday, I will celebrate. The candy goes half off. Hooray!

4 comments:

Sizzle said...

smart thinking!

Rio Vista Boy said...

Me too, you can ask your mom what I think of Valentines.

sue said...

To each their own. I personally think V-day is over-rated. I agree, random acts of kindness are much better received. I think it puts too much pressure on people - of both sexes.

Tawcan said...

Good post. V-day is WAY over-rated. Besides, why go out for dinner when it's going to be crowded everywhere you go?