Sunday, February 17, 2008

keep your fingers crossed **updated**

Black and white photography is laughing at me. Oh yes, laughing. I took this class over the digital class because I thought a dark room was wildly romantic and artistic and a purist thing to do. I shoulda been a lazy sack of shit and just done digital. At any rate, its kicking my ass.
First roll of film got eaten. Literally eaten. By the camera. Yum yum, maybe I'll have seconds later.
Second roll only had about 3 usable shots. I took it as a sign that I'm still learning and give it time. Sure.
Third and fourth rolls didn't look like they should. Nothing usable, regardless of my settings. Instructor recommended reshooting.
Fifth roll...got...eaten. This was where I had an urge to chuck the camera into the fireplace and watch all the bits and pieces melt into oblivion.
Sixth and last roll didn't look like they should. Again.
My project is due tomorrow and I have nothing to show for a week's worth of driving myself bonkers. I'm hoping my instructor shows mercy on me. I've tried, I really have. I have never been more challenged by a class and it shows. I'm also hoping that the problem is my camera and not some stupid mistake I keep making. May the photography gods smile upon me tomorrow...


**thankfully the light meter on my camera was off by a couple stops. My instructor is having me submit all my crappy contact sheets and then I can resubmit the project later. Hooray!

2 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

I know little or nothing about professional photography but I have to wonder if the batteries are low. I have suffered more digital rebellion from low power source thn any thing else.

Rio Vista Boy said...

YaY!!!