Thursday, January 17, 2008

blog fodder

I just got back from a date. It was...alright. We got along just fine, just nothing there beyond getting along. At least on my side of things.

The last date I went on went somewhat similarly. Afterwards, however, my date seemed to think we really hit it off and should go on more dates. I disagreed. Wholeheartedly. I was okay being friends but he was so adamant about dating that I completely had to ignore the guy.

I'm really hoping that this isn't the same thing. He was nice, funny, etc etc, there just wasn't any chemistry. He was the kind of guy I'm just better friends with. I'm reeeeeally hoping I don't have to totally ignore this one, I think he could be a fun friend.

I really do enjoy being single. I really do. So less complicated.

3 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

It is your life to do what you chose. Don't ever let someone come between you and your own happiness. Relationships BEGIN with friendship and should develop from there. Anyone who doesn't understand that, doesn't deserve the privelege to even be your friend. I hope this guy likes hanging out with you as a friend too.

Sizzle said...

there are some serious perks to singlehood. embrace it while you are single. :)

sue said...

Personally, I think it is the way to start a long-term relationship. As friends. If it is just merely because of a physical attraction, or because someone has money, etc., it is doomed from the beginning. I can understand why guys want more from you - you are a wonderful, bright, intelligent, funny, quirky, adorable woman who just happens to come in a pretty damn attractive package (no, I'm NOT biased). However, I also know you well enough to know you aren't going to 'settle'... and if they are willing to be your friend, you will be a great friend.

I know "Mr.Right" is out there somewhere... probably when you least expect it. Good luck on the search.

I agree with Siz, tho', too... embrace the singlehood. It has some serious up-sides.