Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Back to our regularly scheduled program

Mkay, so Halloween has been postponed. Until next year. After talking with my posse, it turns out that most of them went out costumed this weekend while I was in midterm/project/study mode. The only ones who will be out tonight will be the youngins in the 18 million variations on the 'whore' costume. I'm going to pass. I have half a thought that I might host a costume new years party in order to make up for my lack of, uh, costumeyness. We'll see.

In other news, I watched "Knocked Up" last night and I have to say that it was not funny in the least. I get that it's supposed to be. I understand that some of the lines were funny. The subject matter, however, terrified me beyond all comprehension. I couldn't help thinking how awful that situation would be throughout the entire movie. Further confirmation that the universe does not want me to procreate.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't as big of a fan of that movie as others were. I didn't think the two leads had any chemistry (at any point) and I didn't buy the fact that she would've given him a chance. And, I thought most of the jokes were an extreme version of just about every pregnancy/loser cliche out there. Okay, I'm done:)

I think it was in Mean Girls where she said that Halloween is the one day where girls can dress like whores and no one thinks less of them. So true.

Anonymous said...

You know my opinion on this. Grand-critters are very nice. :)

Sizzle said...

i didn't mind knocked up actually. i liked paul rudd's character a lot. it wasn't fantastic but i was entertained.

i live in your phoooooone!

ok so not funny here where people don't like the movie. ;)

trick or treat!

em said...

Okay Sizz, I'll give you Paul Rudd. He was the most entertaining person in that movie. I felt bad for him when he got called a crappy father and then had to go sing happy birthday...it bummed me out. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mindset to watch it.