Monday, October 29, 2007

Kicking leaves

This morning, I got up all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and as I was walking to class I had one of those moments. Everything seemed right in the world. I was happy, carefree, just enjoying myself kicking through the leaves. I caught some other weary design student eyeing me with caution and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The sad part is the moment I got to class, it was over. If I can figure out a way to stop letting this one frustrating class get to me, I'm sure I'd be a much happier person. I'm beginning to think that if I stop trying to be a perfectionist and just accept the fact that this is just not my class, life will go back to being fun again. Perhaps it really is just that simple...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It probably would help if you weren't such a perfectionist. Having said that, I'm not sure there is much hope of change. I'm speaking from experience... and apologize for passing on that gene.

em said...

No, no...I can do this! I'll be anal-retentive about everything except this class. Just don't be surprised when I get a C in this stupid thing. I've accepted it and I'm moving on.

em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sizzle said...

i'm a recovering perfectionist. it's pretty liberating when you wrap your mind around it. i had to figure out that not being a perfectionist didn't equate with being a lazy slob. :)

Rio Vista Boy said...

perfection is in your own eyes. If you so determine it so, then let your grade be a perfect C.