Monday, October 01, 2007

charred

It hit me about halfway through an exam this morning. I'm officially burned out. I'm exhausted. Sick of working on projects where the instructors are giving very little, uh, instruction. Frustrated with the same instructors who give out study guides for tests that have NOTHING to do with the exam (I'll be amazed if I pass that exam, it was ridiculous). Projects that have minideadlines and reviews for busywork that we end up just throwing out anyways. It's like spinning my wheels and getting too stressed out about it. I just don't care right now. I'm not having ANY fun. So I quit. For today. I'm not working on anything today. I'm going to go to work, enjoy time spent not worrying about deadlines, come home, and do NOTHING. Tomorrow, I will go to my review (I'm ready for it) then get my haircut and then...do NOTHING. Two days of peace and quiet. Stress can kiss my ass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan.
Take care or you'll be sick again. Hmm.. sick again. Are YOU the one that gave this to me?

Love ya.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Your mom is sure quick to throw the blame of her illness at just anyone, but don't stress over that, she will get better and see the light. Enjoy your two day sabatical and let us know how it works for you.

Maybe stir fry something dead tonight.