Wednesday, October 24, 2007

High points typically have pets in them

As of Tuesday, I've been dealing with a week of chaos. Exams, projects, papers, reviews...it's like the perfect storm week of my semester. For one of my projects (an illustrated version of Modo's Eyes, I might post it) I need some pictures of cats. I do not have cats but Ma does so off I went to spend some quality time photographing the little buggers. From my glamourshots session with two of the fiesty ones, I've learned several things...

1) Animals will never do what you want them to. Ever.

2) Throwing leaves in the air is a good way to get a cat's attention. For 3 seconds.

3) My dog will never stay out of the damn shot if I don't want her picture. If I do, she's no where to be found.

4) Attempting to take closeup pictures of cats will result in 17 shots of the inside of their nose. You'd think if they've smelled the lens once, they're good. Apparently not.

5) Paying attention to 2 cats at the same time will result in the curiousity of the other three who will end up with some random body parts in the shots. Luckily, one of the ones I wanted is big enough to hide the others that are behind him.

6) Taking some time to goof around with critters is a guaranteed way to forget stress, at least for a little while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT explains the stuck-up-star-quality attitude I found when I got home from work today. They've been modeling...

Do I have to look for drugs and watch for bulemia?

Unknown said...

My dogs will lay in these perfectly cute poses until just before I snap the shot and they'll suddenly turn their head or shake it or do something that ruins it. It's like...they know.