Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Discombobulated Tuesday

I'm way out of sorts today. Last night I hardly slept and when I did there were project-plagued cold-medicine warped dreams that kept me tossing and turning. I woke up to a gray morning and sand in my eyes. I made absolutely no effort to get ready for class and ended up in a thrice-worn sweatshirt and hat. Since we just had a workday scheduled, I begged off and went back home where the coughing and nose-blowing didn't gross anyone else out. I ended up working on the project that is due tomorrow (another rant in and of itself, I'll promise to spare you) and occasionally spacing off. I made it to work in one piece but at least twice on the drive over I caught myself wondering how I got to the place I was and hoping I had obeyed all the traffic laws in my lost 45 seconds. Thankfully, Boss is understanding about my current state and doesn't mind when I sit and fog out for a little while. Unfortunately, the project is waiting when I get home. I wish that when you were sick you could just call a time out, get 2 hours of feeling fanstastic so you could get your stuff done before going back to wallowing in misery. Oh if only. Boo, I say to you gray day, Boo.

2 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

Buck up little cowgirl, these are the days that build character and endurance.
I no longer require either so I just curl up and hybernate when I don't feel well, but I remember 17 hour shifts curled up in a blanket on a chair by the ovens to keep warm only getting up when an order came in from the dining room.
Had i not been so sick I might have realized then how foolish I was being.
Being responsible is a good thing but do not take it so far as to permenantly damage your health.

Anonymous said...

"Buck up little cowgirl", Vin? LOL. I'm gonna stitch that on a pillow and give it to Em for Christmas... oh... I just said that out loud, didn't I? *evil grin*

Here's hoping you get better soon, honey, 'cause you know I just REALLY don't want it back.