Thursday, October 11, 2007

Do the Evolution* (meme)

I was reminded today that I neglected to do the latest in Meme crazes. The Evolution. After reading other people's reason for doing what we do, I guess it made me wonder about myself. I started in 2005 as a way to keep in touch with my family. At the time, I was newly married and for the first time had lived away from everyone. I started** blogging as a way to include the people I cared about in the day to day hilarity. Eventually, the day to day hilarity turned into the day to day dealing with a separation and divorce. There was good and bad and in 2006 I moved back home to start fresh. After a hiatus from the blogworld because of a massive writer's block, I decided that it was time to start a new blog. It is still mostly day to day and I have a limited readership (I appreciate all 5 of you greatly) but most of the time I'm just venting or trying to tell entertaining little stories. Okay, I spend more time venting. I'm working on it. I'm not sure if other people get as much out of it as I do, it can be incredibly soothing to look back on old posts. Keeping in touch with myself, I guess. So yeah, that's it in a nutshell. The short-lived evolution of my toddlerblog.

* can't help but drop a Pearl Jam reference every now and then

** For the sake of this meme, I went ahead and unlocked some of the posts on the old blog. I took most of them down in an effort to make a new start but what the hell...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love the ewok picture.

You, my dear, are always evolving. Wouldn't have it any other way. Now it is "proof of life", too...

Rio Vista Boy said...

I could have sworn I posted a pithy Pearl Jam comment earlier...

Oh well.

I know why you promoted DO THE EVOLUTION em, professional courtesy as Pearl Jam mentions you in the song.

That part where they sing about making the world into Iowa.

"On the loose, Im a truck
All the rolling hills, Ill flatten em out, yeah
Its herd behavior, uh huh
Its evolution, baby"

Unknown said...

Most people use their blog to vent, so no worries. I often feel like it's the only place that I can do it b/c I feel like I can explain myself more in writing. Or, sometimes I figure the "real lifers" just don't really care that a waitress pissed me off, but don't ask me why I assume that bloggers would care any more. I guess it's different since people choose to come to the page.