Thursday, September 06, 2007

Dear Freshman Walking with Your IPod,

You made eye contact when you were still on the sidewalk.

You hesitated.

When I'm behind the wheel, your hesitation is an open invitation for me to gun it before you can make your way in front of my car. Because when you walk in front of my car, the 57 other little freshman behind you with their Ipods will too. So next time, don't roll your eyes at me. I'll run you down and make your little green IPod my new hood ornament.

Consider yourself warned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my pet peeves about driving through campus ... in a nutshell.

Like the new fall look!

Yes, this counts as proof of life. :)

Anonymous said...

One of my pet peeves about driving through campus ... in a nutshell.

Like the new fall look!

Yes, this counts as proof of life. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Someone once said "Something worth saying is worth repeating."
Oh wait, that was a patient in the altheimer's wing at my ex MIL's sundowner's ward. Kept saying it over and over, must have meant it.

Back to the subject at hand...
Nice seasonal look to your sight Em.
Now do you need to take up yoga, play chanting monk cd's while you driving or climb a mountain for enlightenment? Behaviorial stress seminars are often available on campus.
I know there is a lot to be said for natural selection, but do you really think a "green" ipod is the best choice for a hood ornament?

It is so much easier for me to avoid sharing your urge since the flocks that run out in front of my pick up are often a covey of quail. They are much cuter than freshmen and don't carry little green ipods.