Sunday, September 02, 2007

Perpetually MIA

Yeah yeah yeah, I know I've been missing lately. Since classes started I've been more than I little busy. Some of whats been occupying my time:

- Studios...on fonts. I love my major but I had to buy 8 books for this one class and 7/8 were entire books on fonts. The eighth book was on the color wheel. I hope I appreciate this class later because right now its an 8 am annoyance.

- Cleaning. Okay, I was worried before moving that my slobbishness would be a major downer at my beautiful new place. I've taken it to the other extreme. I think I'm almost OCD about keeping this place nice. I love it. Its a whole new side of me. Borderline scary but at least my straight jacket will be spotless and beautifully ironed.

- Top Chef. I shit you not. They've been running marathons and I'm officially hooked. I know nothing about food but it makes me want to. That and Tom Colicchio is dreamy. Ironically, I found out that Ma was also getting hooked on the show. If that isn't one more piece of evidence for our bizarre psychic connection, I don't know what is. But she's married, so she can't have Chef Colicchio. I win. Sorta.

- Friends! After a slow start last year, I've been able to make some great friends and I now have a pretty decent social life. They even accept the fact that I'm that sarcastic chick. I keep 'em laughing. Never a dull moment.

So that's whats the dealyo. Hopefully, I'll remember to write more. Hopefully I'll have more entertaining things to write about than fonts...

3 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

Well thatt's fontastic!
I did not know there were entire coarses dedicated to our friend the font. I secretly suspected that all forms of lettering were collectively taught as calligraphy.
And until I was thirty something believed calligraphy was some form of unsavory greek art...
Now I feel schooled.
Having said that and having been put off by Hell's Kitchen I have not seen an episode of Top Chef, but my housekeeper watches it regularly and suggests I check it out (her word was not enough of a recommendation to follow up on), but now that I hear it from you, I will give the show a chance.
If I send my straight jacket to you, could I get it cleaned and pressed?

em said...

Fontastic.

If that isn't nerd humor, I don't know what is.

Anonymous said...

Just 'cause I'm married doesn't mean I can't drool... I'm not DEAD ya know!