Thursday, September 20, 2007

Don't make me bitchslap you with your own monitor.

I know I've ranted about customer service just recently. Tonight, I had another epidsode. I went with a couple friends as they picked up a bridesmaid dress. It was at that 'chain' bridal shop...that one you'll supposedly love. yeah. Anyways, Associate looks up friends name on computer. It isn't there. Looks up bride's name. Isn't there. The dress must not be in. My friend was called and told that it was in. Enter Manager. She looks at the computer and comes to the same conclusion, its not in the computer, the dress must not be in. My friend is super nice and was trying not to make a big deal out of it. I, on the other hand, am completely comfortable making a deal of it. We drove an hour, after being called. I wander up to the counter...

Em: "Can't you just go look in the back and see if you can find the dress? Its a red dress, all by itself...how many red bridesmaid dresses do you have all by themselves in the back?"

Manager: " Do you know how much work that is?(ironically yes, I've worked in a bridal shop although I didn't point that out to her) To look in the back would be alot of hard work."

Em: " How hard can it really be to just go look?"

Manager: "That's like, A through Z."

*blink blink*

Manager: " I'm sorry, we'll just have to find something off the rack for her to wear."

She wanders off to look through the floor models...that are covered in deodorant and have tattered hems. They don't have her size, I already looked. I'm waiting for the Manager to come back empty handed and as she rounds the corner I have a brilliant idea.

Em: " You guys obviously called my friend. Can't you just search your computer based on the phone number?"

Manager: "That might work...I guess."

She taps away and then asks my friend if the bride has a sister. They had the last name in the computer right but had royally botched her first name...from Sarah to Ashley. Odd, how someone with the same last name bought the SAME SINGLE RED DRESS IN THE SAME SIZE which you COULD SEE FROM THE MAIN PAGE THEY ALREADY LOOKED AT. It was just frustrating. I can understand that its maybe lost in the computer but why can't they just look in the back? That is not hard work. Seriously. Grouchy Customer Service people, Lose the attitude!

I promise I'm done ranting about retail associates for at least another good week or two...

5 comments:

Rio Vista Boy said...

Less than satisfactory work ethic?

My housekeeper has been spending more and more time visiting and less and less time working.With her busy schedule at school and all, she has no time to stay over and finish her duties, so her work load has been falling farther and farther behind. I realize that by being polite and listening to her myriad troubles has not been condusive to her work condition so I began scheduling myself away from the house on her appointed cleaning day. She countered by having micro emergencies and rescheduling her visits. I counter countered by burying my head in the computer and avoided talking with her. She retaliated by bringing a girlfriend from school to keep her company.

I find myself getting up earlier and earlier each week to straighten up the kitchen, clean the bathrooms, do the laundry and pick up around the house before she arrives to lighten her load...

Sizzle said...

but they give us SO much to rant about. that's such crap how they treated you guys. especially after they CALLED. nincompoops!!

Anonymous said...

May I just take a moment to point out how many times I've gotten irritated at similar circumstances and YOU were the one who told me to "Calm down, Mother"...?

Nice to see you're starting to see things from MY perspective! LOL!

NEW HEROES! MONDAY NIGHT! WHOOT!

Oh, and I've come around to your way of thinking on "That" bridal shop. Sub-standard for sure. Grrr..

sue said...

P.S. It sounds like time for Vin to get a new housekeeper? Anyone else agree?

Unknown said...

There's no such thing as customer service any more. That seems pretty ridiculous that they wouldn't have made more of an effort when you told them that they called to say it was in.