Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I have some good news and some bad news...

First the good news...
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wok-a-thon! I have a stack of recipes printed off and am ready to get cookin:) An extra little thanks to Ma...she must know I have limited readership (not that I don't love all Four of you). Perhaps in a future post, I'll pick a Grand StirFry Winner and award some Fabulous Prize (not a car).

Now the bad news...
I'm sick. Achy, congested, all over icky...sick. I'm not one to call in to work or skip class but I've decided that this was worth it. I'm hoping that this is it for the semester because I've used my Get out of Jail Free cards on my classes. *As a side note, how come the classes I pay for have mandatory attendance. If I'm paying for them, and I still get the work done, how come I can only miss one class a semester? Just a thought... So, thank heaven for kleenexes with lotion and super fun cold medicine.

3 comments:

Sizzle said...

i had no wok recipes to contribute as i don't have a wok. glad you got some!

and feel better. rest is the best medicine.

Anonymous said...

I'll count this as your proof of life... but barely. Take care, hun.

Rio Vista Boy said...

Aww my comment yesterday went off into that part of the universe where unmatched socks dwell.
I offered my condolences and suggested you not burn the candle from both ends for awhile.
I just came on today to recommend you put your wok to use and stir fry some chicken soup!

Medi-Wok soup
1 can chicken broth
1 tsp cayenne
1 boneless chicken breast, chopped
4 oz diced celery
4 oz chopped carrots
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic

heat chicken broth and cayenne.
saute everything else in the Medi-Wok remove heat from wok and add hot broth to deglaze Midi-wok and wah-lah! Super healthy tasty bird broth gaurenteed to cure you or at least warm your heart.